Why Mercury-Free?

Mercury is one of the most toxic, non-radioactive elements on the planet. Medical and scientific researchers have called for a ban on the use of mercury in a variety of applications where alternatives exist, however the potentially harmful effects of mercury fillings have been largely ignored by governmental agencies. Mercury can adversely affect the immune, urinary, cardiac, respiratory and digestive systems.

What is Bio-Compatible Dentistry?

Bio-Compatible dentistry recognizes the harmful impact of toxic materials and their effects on dental and physiological health. Dentists who utilized Bio-Compatible fillings are concerned with the integrity of the oral cavity and utilize advanced materials and procedures in their practices to ensure that the patient is not at risk from their oral implants.

Dr. Khodai Discussing Bio-Compatible Dentistry

Existing Fillings May Pose a Risk

The IAOMT (an advocacy group for Bio-Compatible medicine) strongly recommends that you should have existing Mercury fillings replaced (unless you are pregnant or lactating). Mercury vapor, which can by a byproduct of Mercury-based fillings, is continuously emitted from fillings and accumulates in your body over time. The damage from exposure may not manifest for several years or even decades, but scientific studies have repeatedly demonstrated that even low levels of mercury can cause adverse health effects. Mercury in the tissues of a fetus or infant correlates significantly with the number of dental amalgam fillings in the mother, and newborns may be at risk for learning disabilities because of mercury their mothers had absorbed during pregnancy. Many physicians are testing their patients for mercury toxicity and referring them to Bio-Compatible dentists.

It’s time to Contact Us!

If you want more information on Bio-Compatible dentistry or need a dentist in Irvine, click below to get in touch with Barranca Dental Excellence.